192.168.0.99 IP Address
To access the admin page type 192.168.0.99 into your web browser’s address bar or click on the link below.
Default logins for 192.168.0.99
How to log in to your router at 192.168.0.99
If you use the Internet, your home probably has a router. You have connected this router and have a basic Wi-Fi network up and running. What you may not realize is that your default network is not ideal. You may not have a password set or your Wi-Fi network is not optimized for your use. To make any changes to your Wi-Fi network, you need to log in to your router using 192.168.0.99. Even if your router has been set up by a professional, perhaps your ISP, and you’re happy with the way things are, you may still need to use 192.168.0.99 when something goes wrong. It is always useful to know how to access the router’s administration page in case you need to change something, and getting to that administration page is not as difficult as you might think.
- You will need a computer with Internet access, although this is more likely to be the case if you have a router. A smartphone, computer or laptop is suitable. Next, you need to connect the computer’s device to the router. You can do this via Wi-Fi or with a wired Ethernet connection.
- With the computer device connected to the router, open the web browser of your choice. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari are some examples of popular browsers. With the browser open, enter your IP address, 192.168.0.99, in the search bar.
- Searching 192.168.0.99 will take you to the login section of the router’s administration page. You will need to enter the username and password associated with your router. The correct details will take you to the router’s administration page menu.
If you don’t know your router’s login details and have never changed them, you can often find the default login details at the base of your router. Alternatively, the router manufacturer’s website should have them listed. If you changed the details and forgot them, you can reset the router to factory settings. The login details will be reset to the default, but you will lose any changes previously made to your router.
192.168.0.99 How to’s
With the steps above, you can now access the router’s administration page. The next step is to change the actual settings to suit your preferences.
How to configure your router with 192.168.0.99
The router’s administration page, with all its numbers and computer terms, can be intimidating. A great place to start is by changing the login details mentioned above.
- Using the steps above, access the router’s administration page. On the main page, scroll through the list of options until you find the general settings menu.
- Select the password for the router or menu with a similar name.
- Enter your desired password. It must be something you can remember, although it is still safe.
- No matter what changes you make, always save the details.
While in the general settings menu, you can also change the username of the router.
How to change your local IP address
Another common configuration that people change on their routers is the router’s actual local IP address. Your router has two IP addresses, with more details to follow. If you choose to change your IP address from 192.168.0.99, make a note of the new address, as you will need it to access the router’s administration page.
- Once again, go to your router’s router administration page. How to do this is detailed above. On the main page, look for the general settings menu or a similar name.
- You must then select “network settings”.
- Scroll through this menu until you find “router settings”. This is where you will enter your IP address.
- Save your changes
How to change your Wi-Fi network name and password
There are more router-related settings that you can use, although you can also modify the details of your Wi-Fi network. The SSID or Service Set Identifier is the name of your Wi-Fi network. To change this:
- Go to the general settings menu.
- Select the wireless settings option.
- In the SSID field, enter the name of the desired Wi-Fi network.
- Save your changes.
If you want to change the password for your Wi-Fi network, the option will be in the same menu as the SSID. Select the password field for the Wi-Fi network and enter the desired password.
You have now set the login details for your router and your Wi-Fi network. With your Internet protected, you should explore further. You can optimize your network or set parental controls, as just a few examples.
192.168.0.99 List of default username and password
If you have not changed the unit’s password before, you can access the default username and password using the list below. Select the brand name of your respective product from the list below to determine the data:
If you forget your router’s username or password
There are two things you can do if you don’t remember your username or password:
- If you have not changed the system password before, you can log in to the administration panel using the default username and password. If you do not have these details, you will find the mandatory information by browsing the Router’s Brands page and deciding on the manufacturer and product of your unit.
- If you have previously changed the unit password, you will not be able to log in with the default username and password. The only thing you can do in this case is to restart the router. To act, basically press and hold the reset button on the back of the system for 15-20 seconds with the help of a needle or toothpick. As soon as the machine lights up again, the operation is complete. When the router is restarted, all settings will return to the factory settings. Note, on the other hand, that anytime you do this, your internet connection can even be disconnected. Consequently, before deciding to reset your device, ask the support company for the necessary facts. Also, if you don’t have a lot of information about this technique, ask for help from an expert.
Router That using 192.168.0.99 as default IP