192.168.1.254 – Login admin and Password
To access the admin page type 192.168.1.254 into your web browser’s address bar or click on the link below.
Default logins for 192.168.1.254
How to log into your router at 192.168.1.254
The internet is a wonderful thing. You can play with people from all over the world, watch movies on demand or learn a new skill by watching YouTube tutorials. To do any of these things, you need Internet access, and to have Internet access in your home, you need a router. A ready-to-use router can provide a basic Wi-Fi network to use, although to get the best experience with your router, you will need to access the router’s interface. To make changes to your router, you need to use address 192.168.1.254 to access the interface. You may be comfortable with your Wi-Fi network and not want to make any changes, although if something goes wrong it’s still good to know how to access your router’s interface, and here’s how:
- First, you need a computer with Internet access, which is likely to be the case if you have a router. You must then connect this computer device to your router, either over the Wi-Fi network or over a wired Ethernet connection. A computer or laptop with a wired connection is best.
- After connecting your computer to the router, open your web browser. Your browser can be Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge. With the browser open, type 192.168.1.254 in the search bar.
- Searching for 192.168.1.254 will take you to the router interface. You will be prompted to enter the login details associated with your router. The correct username and password will grant access to the router interface.
If you don’t know your router’s login details, you can usually find them detailed on the base of your router. You can also find your router’s login details on the manufacturer’s website.
How to configure your router with 192.168.1.254
The steps above will allow you to access your router’s interface. There are many things you can do in this menu, although for someone accessing the router interface for the first time, it’s a good idea to stick to the basics. A great place to start is to change the login details mentioned above.
- After following the steps above, you will have access to your router’s interface. Once in the main menu, browse the general settings or the administrator settings menu.
- Scroll through this menu until you find the router’s password field. The username field will also be on this menu.
- Once you find the correct field, enter your desired password or username, depending on which you want to change. If you are changing your password, make sure your new password is secure.
- As with any changes made to the router, always save when done.
How to change your Wi-Fi network name and password
After changing the router interface login details, the next thing you can do is set the router Wi-Fi network login details. To change the Wi-Fi network name, you need to change the SSID.
- Again, go to general settings or administrator settings menu.
- In this menu, look for the wireless settings option.
- This is where you will find the SSID field. Select the field and enter the desired Wi-Fi network name.
- As before, save your changes.
Changing your Wi-Fi password follows similar steps. Instead of selecting the SSID field, select the Wi-Fi password field. Enter the desired password and save your changes.
More about 192.168.1.254
192.168.1.254 is a local, private, or gateway IP address. Your router’s IP address 192.168.1.254 is used by computer devices connected to the Wi-Fi network, which also have IP addresses, to ensure that a request for data, such as a visit to a website, gets where it needs to go. 192.168.1.254 is not the only IP address your router has, as it also has a public IP address. Your ISP and any website you visit will use your public IP address to get the information requested by your computer device for the place you need to go. Your public IP address then passes the information to the private IP address 192.168.1.254, which then sends it to your computer screen.
Resetting the password to 192.168.1.254?
All you have to do is reset the modem. This can easily be done by clicking the reset button on the back or bottom of your modem. If you keep this small button pressed for approximately 20 seconds (you may need to use a toothpick), the modem will be reset to factory settings.
What you need to keep in mind is that when you reset the modem, you will lose your online connection. Therefore, it is better to ask an expert for help in this regard. If you don’t have enough information, we recommend that you ask someone who has that kind of knowledge for help.
Router That using 192.168.1.254 as default IP
|Billion BiPAC 7800VDPX|
|OvisLink AirLive N.Power|
|BT Home Hub 5A|
|BT Home Hub 5B|
|Billion BiPAC 7402GX|