192.168.123.1 IP Address
To access the admin page type 192.168.123.1 into your web browser’s address bar or click on the link below.
Default logins for 192.168.123.1
How to sign in at 192.168.123.1
Follow these simple steps to log in to your router with an IP address of 192.168.123.1.
- Connect the cable from the router to your computer. (You can also use a wireless network). Check again that the device you want to work on is connected to wi-fi. Professional Tip – It is a good idea to use a wired connection when making changes. This avoids the risk of being suddenly disconnected when clicking the Save button.
- Open your chosen browser and enter the router’s IP address in the address bar. You can find it on the back of the router’s packaging. If the address fails, you will need to get the router’s manual. The IP listed as the default gateway is the correct one.
- It’s time to enter your router’s default username and password by accessing the administration panel. You can try the login credentials provided below. The default values for admin are:
root | user | admin
If none of the above is successful, enter the router name in the browser to find the default login username and password you need. You should be directed to the templates configuration page, where the network and router settings can be managed.
How to configure your router with 192.168.123.1
The steps above will allow you to access your router’s interface. There are many things you can do in this menu, although for someone who accesses the router interface for the first time, it is a good idea to keep the basics. A great place to start is to change the login details mentioned above.
- After following the steps above, you will have access to
- your router’s interface. When in the main menu, search for general settings or the administrator settings menu.
Scroll through this menu until you find the password field for the router. The username field will also be in this menu.
- After finding the correct field, enter your desired username or password, depending on which one you want to change. If you are changing your password, make sure your new password is secure.
- As with any changes made to the router, always save when done.
How to change your Wi-Fi network name and password
After changing the login details for the router interface, the next thing you can do is set the login details for the router’s Wi-Fi network. To change the name of the Wi-Fi network, you need to change the SSID.
- Again, go to the general settings or administrator settings menu.
- In that menu, look for the wireless settings option.
- This is where you will find the SSID field. Select the field and enter the name of the desired Wi-Fi network.
- As before, save your changes.
Changing your Wi-Fi password follows similar steps. Instead of selecting the SSID field, select the Wi-Fi password field. Enter the desired password and save the changes.
More On 192.168.123.1
192.168.123.1 is a local, private, or gateway IP address. Your router’s 192.168.123.1 IP address is used by computer devices connected to the Wi-Fi network, which also have IP addresses, to ensure that a data request, such as a visit to a website, gets you where you need to be. 192.168.123.1 is not the only IP address that your router has, as it also has a public IP address. Your ISP and any website you visit will use your public IP address to get the information requested by the computer device to the place it needs to go. Your public IP address then passes the information to the private IP address 192.168.123.1, which then sends it to your computer screen.
If you are unable to log in to the router, you are probably entering the wrong username or password. Also, remember to make a note of both after changing them.
- Forgot your login password? Try to reset the router’s login. To do this, press and hold the small black button located on the back of the router for about 10 seconds. This will reset your router to factory settings.
- Is the router’s login page not loading? If the login page is not loading, check that the device you are using is connected to wi-fi. You will also need to verify that the wrong router’s IP address is set as the default.
- Sometimes, pages may have loading problems or speed problems. In this case, your network is probably using a different IP address. If this occurs, consult our list of IP address routers and find the correct address. If you need help, check out our tutorial on how to find your router’s IP address.
Router That using 192.168.123.1 as default IP