192.168.169.1 – Login admin and Password
To access the admin page type 192.168.169.1 into your web browser’s address bar or click on the link below.
Default logins for 192.168.169.1
How to login to 192.168.169.1
Follow these simple steps to log into your router with an IP address of 192.168.169.1.
- Connect the cable from the router to your computer. (You can also use a wireless network). Double-check that the device you want to work on is connected to Wi-Fi. Pro Tip – It’s a good idea to use a wired connection when making changes. This avoids the risk of being suddenly disconnected when clicking the Save button.
- Open your chosen browser and enter the IP address of the router in the address bar. You can find it on the back of the router package. If the address fails, you will need to get the router manual. The IP listed as the default gateway is correct.
- It’s time to enter your router’s default username and password by accessing the administration panel. You can try the login credentials provided below. Default values for admin are:
root | user | admin
If none of the above are successful, enter the router name into your browser to find the default login username and password you need. You should be directed to the templates configuration page, where network and router settings can be managed.
How to Find Your IP Address
The number string 192.168.169.1 is a common IP address, although it may not be the one defined for your router. If 192.168.169.1 is not the IP address that works with your router, you can search for your router model online. This should provide the correct IP address. Alternatively, you can check your router base, which should have the details listed. There is one more way to check your IP address, although the method is different depending on the operating system you use.
For a Microsoft Windows computer:
- Select the network symbol in the lower right corner of the screen.
- After opening this menu, select the Wi-Fi network you are using to access the Internet.
- After clicking on the Wi-Fi network, you will see a list of information related to the network. One of those pieces of information will be IPv4, which is your IP address and looks like 192.168.169.1.
For a computer running on MAC OS X:
- Click on the Apple menu, which you will find in the upper left corner of the screen.
- With that menu open, select System Preferences.
- You will have a selection of Wi-Fi networks and you will be asked to select the one you will use to access the Internet.
- Next to the word router you will find its IP address.
What is an IP address like 192.168.169.1?
As mentioned earlier, 192.168.169.1 is your router’s private IP address. It’s your router’s IP address that computer devices on your network use to connect to it. Your router is not the only one that uses 192.168.169.1. Router manufacturers use a set of the same IP addresses on their routers. Your router’s IP address does not have to be unique, as the only person using the IP address is you, the owner of the network.
As mentioned above, your router is not the only device that has an IP address. Every computer device on the network also has one. Typically this is some derivation of 192.168.169.1, with the last number changing depending on how many devices you have connected to the network. Even non-computer devices, such as printers or storage devices, have an IP address to help them connect to the router.
Not just any number can be an IP address. There is a set of numbers reserved for private IP address use, which has been decided by the IANA or the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority. The other numbers that are not part of these sets can be used as public IP addresses, with more information below. Numbers reserved for private IP addresses are:
- From 10.0.0.0 to 10.255,255,255
- From 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255,255
- From 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
Although router manufacturers only use a few of these numbers for their routers, there are about 18 million different combinations of private IP addresses.
Your public IP address
An example of a private IP address is 192.168.169.1, which you use to access the router’s administration page. It is also used by computer devices on the network as a point to send data requests. However, as mentioned above, a private IP address is not the only IP address your router has.
Your Internet service provider also assigns a public IP address to the router. Unlike your private IP, you don’t have much control over your public IP address. The ISP uses the public IP address to forward information requested when you visit a website. This means that every website you visit can see your public IP address. Your router’s public IP collects the requested information and delivers it to the private IP, which distributes it to the computer on the network that made the request.
That way, people outside your network can see your public IP address, but that’s not the only difference. Your ISP can change your public IP address as needed. Two devices do not have the same two public IP addresses and there are not enough IP addresses for all computer devices that use the Internet. An ISP has a selection of public IP addresses for its customers to use, so whenever a router disconnects from the Internet, the public IP address is reassigned.
If you are unable to log in to the router, you are probably entering the wrong username or password. Also, remember to annotate both after changing them.
- Forgot login password? Try resetting the router login. To do this, press and hold the small black button located on the back of the router for about 10 seconds. This will reset your router to factory settings.
- Router login page not loading? If the login page is not loading, make sure the device you are using is connected to wi-fi. You will also need to verify that the wrong router IP address is set as the default.
- Sometimes pages may have loading issues or speed issues. In this case, your network is probably using a different IP address. If this happens, check our list of IP address routers and find the correct address. If you need help, check out our tutorial on how to find your router’s IP address.
Router That using 192.168.169.1 as default IP
|Hame 3G Wi-Fi Router (MPR-A1)|
|Sentar Wireless L10|
|Sentar Wireless L20|
|Sentar Wireless V110|
|Hame Wi-Fi Disk (S3)|
|Hame Wi-Fi Disk|