192.168.2.2 IP Address
To access the admin page type 192.168.2.2 into your web browser’s address bar or click on the link below.
Default logins for 192.168.2.2
How to login at 192.168.2.2
Follow these simple steps to log in to your router with an IP address of 192.168.2.2.
- Connect the cable from the router to your computer. (You can also use a wireless network). Check again that the device you want to work on is connected to wi-fi. Professional Tip – It is a good idea to use a wired connection when making changes. This avoids the risk of being suddenly disconnected when clicking the Save button.
- Open your chosen browser and enter the router’s IP address in the address bar. You can find it on the back of the router’s packaging. If the address fails, you will need to get the router’s manual. The IP listed as the default gateway is the correct one.
- It’s time to enter your router’s default username and password by accessing the administration panel. You can try the login credentials provided below. The default values for admin are:
root | user | admin
If none of the above is successful, enter the router name in the browser to find the default login username and password you need. You should be directed to the templates configuration page, where the network and router settings can be managed.
How to Find Your IP Address
The 192.168.2.2 number string is a common IP address, although it may not be the one defined for your router. If 192.168.2.2 is not the IP address that works with your router, you can search for your router model online. This should provide the correct IP address. Alternatively, you can check the base of your router, which should have the details listed. There is one more way to verify your IP address, although the method is different depending on the operating system you use.
For a Microsoft Windows computer:
- Select the network symbol in the lower right corner of the screen.
- After opening this menu, select the Wi-Fi network you are using to access the Internet.
- After clicking on the Wi-Fi network, you will see a list of information related to the network. One of these pieces of information will be IPv4, which is your IP address and looks like 192.168.2.2.
For a computer running on MAC OS X:
- Click on the Apple menu, which you will find in the upper left corner of the screen.
- With this menu open, select your system preferences.
- You will have a selection of Wi-Fi networks and you must select the one you will use to access the Internet.
- Next to the word router, you will find your IP address.
Your public IP address
An example of a private IP address is 192.168.2.2, which you use to access the router’s administration page. It is also used by computer devices on the network as a point to send data requests. However, as mentioned above, a private IP address is not the only IP address that your router has.
Your ISP also assigns the router a public IP address. Unlike your private IP, you don’t have much control over your public IP address. The ISP uses the public IP address to forward the requested information when you visit a website. This means that each website you visit can see its public IP address. Your router’s public IP collects the requested information and delivers it to the private IP, which distributes it to the computer on the network that made the request.
That way, people outside your network can see your public IP address, but that’s not the only difference. Your ISP can change your public IP address as needed. Two devices do not have the same two public IP addresses and there are not enough IP addresses for all computer devices that use the Internet. An ISP has a selection of public IP addresses for its customers to use, so whenever a router disconnects from the Internet, the public IP address is reassigned.
If you are unable to log in to the router, you are probably entering the wrong username or password. Also, remember to make a note of both after changing them.
Forgot your login password? Try to reset the router’s login. To do this, press and hold the small black button located on the back of the router for about 10 seconds. This will reset your router to factory settings.
Is the router’s login page not loading? If the login page is not loading, check that the device you are using is connected to wi-fi. You will also need to verify that the wrong router’s IP address is set as the default.
Sometimes, pages may have loading problems or speed problems. In this case, your network is probably using a different IP address. If this occurs, consult our list of IP address routers and find the correct address. If you need help, check out our tutorial on how to find your router’s IP address.
Router That using 192.168.2.2 as default IP