192.168.2.254 IP Address
To access the admin page type 192.168.2.254 into your web browser’s address bar or click on the link below.
Default logins for 192.168.2.254
How to log in to 192.168.2.254
Follow these simple steps to log into your router with an IP address of 192.168.2.254.
- Connect the cable from the router to your computer. (You can also use a wireless network). Double-check that the device you want to work on is connected to Wi-Fi. Pro Tip – It’s a good idea to use a wired connection when making changes. This avoids the risk of being suddenly disconnected when clicking the Save button.
- Open your chosen browser and enter the IP address of the router in the address bar. You can find it on the back of the router package. If the address fails, you will need to get the router manual. The IP listed as the default gateway is correct.
- It’s time to enter your router’s default username and password by accessing the administration panel. You can try the login credentials provided below. Default values for admin are:
root | user | admin
If none of the above are successful, enter the router name into your browser to find the default login username and password you need. You should be directed to the templates configuration page, where network and router settings can be managed.
How to configure your router with 192.168.2.254
The steps above will allow you to access your router’s interface. There are many things you can do in this menu, although for someone accessing the router interface for the first time, it’s a good idea to stick to the basics. A great place to start is to change the login details mentioned above.
- After following the steps above, you will have access to your router’s interface. Once in the main menu, browse the general settings or the administrator settings menu.
- Scroll through this menu until you find the router’s password field. The username field will also be on this menu.
- Once you find the correct field, enter your desired password or username, depending on which you want to change. If you are changing your password, make sure your new password is secure.
- As with any changes made to the router, always save when done.
How to change your Wi-Fi network name and password
After changing the router interface login details, the next thing you can do is set the router Wi-Fi network login details. To change the Wi-Fi network name, you need to change the SSID.
- Again, go to general settings or administrator settings menu.
- In this menu, look for the wireless settings option.
- This is where you will find the SSID field. Select the field and enter the desired Wi-Fi network name.
- As before, save your changes.
Changing your Wi-Fi password follows similar steps. Instead of selecting the SSID field, select the Wi-Fi password field. Enter the desired password and save your changes.
More about 192.168.2.254
192.168.2.254 is a local, private, or gateway IP address. Your router’s IP address 192.168.2.254 is used by computer devices connected to the Wi-Fi network, which also have IP addresses, to ensure that a data request, such as a visit to a website, gets where it needs to go. 192.168.2.254 is not the only IP address your router has, as it also has a public IP address. Your ISP and any website you visit will use your public IP address to get the requested information your computer device asks for for the place it needs to go. Your public IP address then passes the information to the private IP address 192.168.2.254, which then sends it to your computer screen.
Your public IP address
An example of a private IP address is 192.168.2.254, which you use to access the router’s administration page. It is also used by computer devices on the network as a point to send data requests. However, as mentioned above, a private IP address is not the only IP address your router has.
Your Internet service provider also assigns a public IP address to the router. Unlike your private IP, you don’t have much control over your public IP address. The ISP uses the public IP address to forward information requested when you visit a website. This means that every website you visit can see your public IP address. Your router’s public IP collects the requested information and delivers it to the private IP, which distributes it to the computer on the network that made the request.
That way, people outside your network can see your public IP address, but that’s not the only difference. Your ISP can change your public IP address as needed. No two devices have the same two public IP addresses, and there are not enough IP addresses for all computer devices that use the Internet. An ISP has a selection of public IP addresses for its customers to use, so whenever a router disconnects from the Internet, the public IP address is reassigned.
If you are unable to log in to the router, you are probably entering the wrong username or password. Also, remember to annotate both after changing them.
- Forgot login password? Try resetting the router login. To do this, press and hold the small black button located on the back of the router for about 10 seconds. This will reset your router to factory settings.
- Router login page not loading? If the login page is not loading, make sure the device you are using is connected to wi-fi. You will also need to verify that the wrong router IP address is set as the default.
- Sometimes pages may have loading issues or speed issues. In this case, your network is probably using a different IP address. If this happens, check our list of IP address routers and find the correct address. If you need help, check out our tutorial on how to find your router’s IP address.
Router That using 192.168.2.254 as default IP