192.168.229.61 IP Address
To access the admin page type 192.168.229.61 into your web browser’s address bar or click on the link below.
Default logins for 192.168.229.61
How to log into your router at 192.168.229.61
If you use the Internet, your home probably has a router. You have connected this router and have a basic Wi-Fi network up and running. What you might not realize is that your predefined network isn’t ideal. You may not have a password set or your Wi-Fi network is not optimized for your use. To make any changes to your Wi-Fi network, you need to log into your router using 192.168.229.61. Even if your router has been set up by a professional, maybe your ISP, and you’re happy with the way things are, you might still need to use 192.168.229.61 when something goes wrong. It’s always helpful to know how to access the router’s admin page in case you need to change something, and getting to that admin page isn’t as difficult as you might think.
- You will need a computer with Internet access, although this is more likely to be the case if you have a router. A smartphone, computer or laptop is suitable. Next, you need to connect your computer device to the router. You can do this via Wi-Fi or with a wired Ethernet connection.
- With the computer device connected to the router, open the web browser of your choice. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari are some examples of popular browsers. With the browser open, enter your IP address, 192.168.229.61, into the search bar.
- Searching 192.168.229.61 will take you to the login section of the router administration page. You will need to enter the username and password associated with your router. The correct details will take you to the router’s administration page menu.
If you don’t know your router’s login details and have never changed them, you can often find the default login details on the base of your router. Alternatively, the router manufacturer’s website should have them listed. If you have changed the details and forgot them, you can reset the router to factory settings. The login details will be reset to default, but you will lose any changes previously made to your router.
192.168.229.61 How to’s
With the above steps, you can now access the router’s administration page. The next step is to change the actual settings to suit your preferences.
How to configure your router with 192.168.229.61
The router’s administration page, with all its computer numbers and terms, can be intimidating. A great place to start is by changing the login details mentioned above.
- Using the steps above, access the router’s administration page. On the main page, scroll through the list of options until you find the general settings menu.
- Select the router password or similarly named menu.
- Enter the desired password. It should be something you can remember, although you’re still safe.
- No matter what changes you make, always save the details.
While in the general settings menu, you can also change the router username.
How to change your local IP address
Another common setting that people change on their routers is the router’s actual local IP address. Your router has two IP addresses, with more details below. If you choose to change your IP address from 192.168.229.61, make a note of your new address as you will need it to access the router’s administration page.
- Once again, go to your router’s router administration page. How to do this is detailed above. On the main page, look for the general settings menu or a similar name.
- You must then select “network settings”.
- Scroll through this menu until you find “Router Settings”. This is where you will enter your IP address.
- save your changes
How to change your Wi-Fi network name and password
There are more router-related settings you can use, although you can also modify your Wi-Fi network details. The SSID or Service Set Identifier is the name of your Wi-Fi network. To change this:
- Go to general settings menu.
- Select the wireless settings option.
- In the SSID field, enter the name of the desired Wi-Fi network.
- Save your changes.
If you want to change your Wi-Fi network password, the option will be in the same menu as the SSID. Select the Wi-Fi network password field and enter the desired password.
You’ve now set up the login details for your router and your Wi-Fi network. With your Internet protected, you should explore further. You can optimize your network or set parental controls as just a few examples.
Router That using 192.168.229.61 as default IP