192.168.55.1 IP Address
To access the admin page type 192.168.55.1 into your web browser’s address bar or click on the link below.
Default logins for 192.168.55.1
How to log in to your router at 192.168.55.1
If you use the Internet, your home probably has a router. You have connected this router and have a basic Wi-Fi network up and running. What you may not realize is that your default network is not ideal. You may not have a password set or your Wi-Fi network is not optimized for your use. To make any changes to your Wi-Fi network, you need to log in to your router using 192.168.55.1. Even if your router has been configured by a professional, perhaps your ISP, and you are happy with the way things are, you may still need to use 192.168.55.1 when something goes wrong. It is always useful to know how to access the router’s administration page in case you need to change something, and getting to that administration page is not as difficult as you might think.
- You will need a computer with Internet access, although this is more likely to be the case if you have a router. A smartphone, computer or laptop is suitable. Next, you need to connect the computer’s device to the router. You can do this via Wi-Fi or with a wired Ethernet connection.
- With the computer device connected to the router, open the web browser of your choice. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari are some examples of popular browsers. With the browser open, enter your IP address, 192.168.55.1, in the search bar.
- Searching 192.168.55.1 will take you to the login section of the router’s administration page. You will need to enter the username and password associated with your router. The correct details will take you to the router’s administration page menu.
If you don’t know your router’s login details and have never changed them, you can often find the default login details at the base of your router. Alternatively, the router manufacturer’s website should have them listed. If you changed the details and forgot them, you can reset the router to factory settings. The login details will be reset to the default, but you will lose any changes previously made to your router.
192.168.55.1 How to’s
With the steps above, you can now access the router’s administration page. The next step is to change the actual settings to suit your preferences.
How to configure your router with 192.168.55.1
The router’s administration page, with all its numbers and computer terms, can be intimidating. A great place to start is by changing the login details mentioned above.
- Using the steps above, access the router’s administration page. On the main page, scroll through the list of options until you find the general settings menu.
- Select the password for the router or menu with a similar name.
- Enter your desired password. It must be something you can remember, although it is still safe.
- No matter what changes you make, always save the details.
While in the general settings menu, you can also change the username of the router.
How to change your local IP address
Another common configuration that people change on their routers is the router’s actual local IP address. Your router has two IP addresses, with more details to follow. If you choose to change your IP address from 192.168.55.1, make a note of the new address, as you will need it to access the router’s administration page.
- Once again, go to your router’s router administration page. How to do this is detailed above. On the main page, look for the general settings menu or a similar name.
- You must then select “network settings”.
- Scroll through this menu until you find “router settings”. This is where you will enter your IP address.
- Save your changes
How to change your Wi-Fi network name and password
There are more router-related settings that you can use, although you can also modify the details of your Wi-Fi network. The SSID or Service Set Identifier is the name of your Wi-Fi network. To change this:
- Go to the general settings menu.
- Select the wireless settings option.
- In the SSID field, enter the name of the desired Wi-Fi network.
- Save your changes.
If you want to change the password for your Wi-Fi network, the option will be in the same menu as the SSID. Select the password field for the Wi-Fi network and enter the desired password.
You have now set the login details for your router and your Wi-Fi network. With your Internet protected, you should explore further. You can optimize your network or set parental controls, as just a few examples.
About the 192.168.55.1 IP address
192.168.55.1 is a standard IP address used by brands of routers such as Asus, Cisco, Cameo, etc. Every time you want to log in to your router’s admin panel, you will need this IP address. As a public IP address, the 192.168.55.1 IP address does not have to be globally unique. To access your router’s administration page, you’ll need this IP address and if you’re wondering why you need to access your router’s administration page, you should know that to change anything in your router’s configuration, you’ll need to access the administration panel your router. If you want to change the router’s configuration, but don’t know how to log in, follow these steps to log in to the router.
How to change router settings
As you may have read in this guide, you will need to log in to the router to make any changes to the router’s settings. Therefore, you must log in to the router first.
How to change the router password
- If you want to change your router’s password, you will need to login.
- After logging in, open your router’s configuration.
- Now find your current password and write a new password.
- When setting a new password for the router, be sure to enter a strong password for the router.
- Now save your router’s new password.
How to change the router’s SSID
- To change your router’s SSID or network name, you’ll need to log in to the router.
- After logging in, you will need to go to setup.
- In your router’s settings, you will need to find the network configuration.
- After finding your router’s network configuration, select the network configuration and enter a new SSID for your router.
- Now save the new SSID.
How to change the router’s IP address
- To change the router’s IP address, you will need to login and then open the configuration.
- After opening your router’s settings, you will need to go to the network configuration.
- You will now see your router’s current IP address, which should be 192.168.55.1, if you have not changed the default IP address.
- After writing the new IP address for your router, you will need to save the configuration.
Why can’t I log in to my router with IP address 192.168.55.1
When users try to log in to the router, they sometimes get an error message; if you’re also getting an error message, you can review the solutions we’ve provided below:
Check your IP address
- If you tried to login, but after entering your router’s IP address in the browser, but got an error message, check the IP address. Make sure you have entered the correct digits for your IP address.
- The second thing you should check is whether 192.168.55.1 is the router’s IP address.
- If you entered the correct IP address and the correct IP address for your router, check your username and password. Check whether you are using the correct username and password or not.
- Then, you should check your connection, make sure that the device you are using to log in is connected to your router’s network.
- Make sure your router’s firmware is up to date.
- If nothing is working, restart the router and try again.
Private IP address and public IP address
192.168.55.1 is your router’s private IP address, and in addition to that IP address, your router also has a public IP address. You can change your router’s IP address 192.168.55.1, but you cannot change your router’s public IP address. If you want to know your public IP address, you can search for “what is my IP address” on Google and, if you want to find your private IP address, type and enter the command “ipconfig” at your router’s command prompt. The public IP address you will find is not a permanent IP address because your ISP changes it whenever you disconnect the device from the Internet. You can also change your private IP address, but for that you will need to log in to your router’s admin panel. There are also permanent public IP addresses that are used for servers and websites, as websites and servers need to be online permanently. These types of IP addresses are known as static IP addresses. The public IP address must be unique in the world and a private IP address does not need this, but the private IP address must be unique within the private network.
Router That using 192.168.55.1 as default IP